Invite Gendai and/or the Gendai MA MBA members for a talk or workshop.
We would love to share our current learnings with you.
- Gendai is featured in Luminato's new podcast, Desire Paths, which explores futures of the city, designed by artists. Our episode, Collective Futures, also features independent curator/community organizer Anu Radha Verma. Produced by Alex Rand, and co-curated by Hima Batavia and Alex Rand, with Creative Producers Macy Siu, Jeremy Glenn, and Robert Bolton of Toronto-based foresight studio, From Later.
- Why DIY when you can Do It Together? Co-hosted with Xpace Cultural Centre and OCAD's Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers, Gendai was in conversation with two youth-led collectives from our inaugural MA MBA cohort: BAM Collective and Tea Base. April 12, 2021. Part of OCAD's Community Expo.
- Gendai introduced our MA MBA and CO-OP programs and shared some dreams for institutional accountability. Hosted by Open Source Gallery in Brooklyn, NY. Sunday, Nov 15 at 11 am EST.
- Gendai moderated two incredible panels for the Reel Asian Film Festival: Stories At Work: Unsung Voices on Nov 14, 2020 at 1 pm EST and The Function Of Festival In Crisis on Nov 18, 2020 at 4 pm EST.
- Gendai was in conversation with Museum Professionals of Colour, a University of Toronto student association aimed at addressing the lack of racial diversity and representation within the Faculty of Information’s Master of Museum Studies (MMSt) program. Tuesday, Nov 3, 2020.
- Gendai workshopped the details of our CO-OP program and discussed the future of arts work at the New Voices in Work & Labour Studies Series. Hosted by York University's Global Labour Research Centre (GLRC) and the Canadian Association for Work and Labour Studies (CAWLS), Friday, Nov 6, 2020.