Open call for emerging arts collective : deadline April 19, 2021
We are seeking a GTA-based emerging arts collective to facilitate the MA MBA 2021–22 cohort.
Please note that funding is not confirmed for this project. We will apply for funding in collaboration with the selected applicant. We can provide more information if helpful for making informed decisions about one's own labour.
See full details of the open call, let us know if you have any questions or accessibility needs, and we'll do our best to support your application.
gendaiclub [at] gmail [dot] [com]
Ongoing call for collaborators
- We welcome any thoughts, criticisms, suggestions from your perspectives. (Please note that in our citational practice we try to focus on the work of QTBIPOC folks.)
- Is there a union for independent arts-based contractors in your community?
- Have you attempted or facilitated an equity audit for a cultural institution?
- Have you worked in a non-hierarchical org?
Our current research interests include:
- Universal basic income for artists/arts workers
- Labour union for artists/arts workers
- Sector transparency: salaries, artist fees, contracts etc.
- Experimenting with structures of funding
- Alternatives to institutions/professionalism
- Alternative approaches to Human Resources management
- Job sharing models/alternative labour structures
- Collective/decolonial practices
We'd love to hear from you! gendaiclub [at] gmail [dot] [com]