Ongoing call for collaborators
- We welcome any thoughts, criticisms, suggestions from your perspectives. (Please note that in our citational practice we try to focus on the work of QTBIPOC folks.)
- Is there a union for independent arts-based contractors in your community?
- Have you attempted or facilitated an equity audit for a cultural institution?
- Have you worked in a non-hierarchical org?
Our current research interests include:
- Universal basic income for artists/arts workers
- Labour union for artists/arts workers
- Sector transparency: salaries, artist fees, contracts etc.
- Experimenting with structures of funding
- Alternatives to institutions/professionalism
- Alternative approaches to Human Resources management
- Job sharing models/alternative labour structures
- Collective/decolonial practices
We'd love to hear from you! gendaiclub [at] gmail [dot] [com]
OAC Exhibition Assistance // Deadline: Jan 15, 2021
Gendai is a recommender for the Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance program. This program supports Ontario-based artists and artist collectives working in visual arts, craft and media art practices with the costs related to the presentation of artwork in a confirmed, public exhibition. This grant can support between $500 to $2,000 of eligible expenses.
As a recommender, Gendai's priorities include:
- emerging to mid-career artists; culturally diverse applicants or applicants from marginalized communities,
- experimental projects and platforms for collaborative research and knowledge-production,
- projects with capacity for long-term engagement with contemporary socio-political issues and resonance beyond the art community.
Our 2020-2021 deadline is January 15, 2021. You must apply online using Nova, the OAC's online grant application system. For eligibility details, instructions on how to apply, or to speak to a grant officer who can answer your questions, please visit the OAC's website.